Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

Greyhound

Greyhound - Steffan Piper 2 stars = It was okay.So, there's this 11 year old kid named Sebastian Ranes. His mom and his future step-dad drop him off at the bus station at 3 AM to go across the country to live with his grandparents. Alone. As he travels across the United States, he meets all sorts of people and experiences some crazy things. The bus gets highjacked, he nearly gets kidnapped, and at one point the bus catches on fire. Throughout this insane journey, Sebastian has some journeys of self discovery.I thought the story was alright. There were some tense times, but not any that would be considered the climax of the story. There was a lot of "This is what's going to happen with your life, this is what you can expect, and don't trust anyone" kind of talk from his friend Marcus. It's interesting, but at the same time, I just want to say, "Let the kid be 11! He hasn't been able to be a kid!" Since his mother has never really made life easy for him.I haven't read any true road trip books. Sure, I've read Paper Towns in which they do some traveling, but the majority of Greyhound happens on the bus. It's both original to me, but also a tad boring. There are only so many things you can do on the bus. I guess it's so you can feel Sebastian's boredom, but I really don't like being bored while I'm reading a book.I'd recommend this book to someone who likes anti-climatic stories. Life stories.

The Book Thief