Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

When I was first told about this book, I was a bit hesitant. I thought I wouldn’t like it. I remembered back to when I was in high school and saw a Skinny Bitch cook book at the local bookstore and thought that the author was preaching that skinny is the way to be. WRONG.

So, what’s a Skinny Bitch? It’s someone who wants to cut the crap out of their lives. In Skinny Bitch in Love, Clementine Cooper helps her vegan cooking class and other clients that cutting the crap foods is one way to do it. Her roommate, Sara, signs up to be the #1 example of how being a Skinny Bitch can really improve her life. She goes on a vegan diet and signs up for Clementine’s cooking class. She also starts auditioning for better roles.

Although Clementine is a vegan evangelist, it’s worked in pretty well into this fictional piece. Although it comes off a bit dictionary-ish at times, she does find herself in some interesting situations including one in which she goes toe-to-toe with Zach Jeffries, the zillionare owner of the steakhouse across the street from her apartment. And you can guess how that goes.

There are a couple of things that I really enjoyed in this novel include the fact that although Zach wants to hand her her dreams on a silver platter, Clementine wants to do it herself on her own terms. Even if it means pissing off Zach. That takes guts. The second thing that I really liked was that there could have been a serious love triangle between three of the characters, but instead Clem — like a true Skinny Bitch — is upfront about who she has feelings for. Oh, and she bakes gluten-free Doctor Who cupcakes at one point.

TL;DR – Loved it. Loved how Clementine wanted to put in the hard work for herself rather than taking short cuts. Loved how all the relationships worked out — other than the backstabber. You’ll have to read it to find out!

The Book Thief