Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

Zom-B

Zom-B  - Darren Shan, Cliff Nielson Can we talk about how misleading the prologue is? Man, I thought this book was going to be chock FULL of zombie beheadings. Double tap! But no, it was more about this teenage boy, B, and his own metaphorical zombie life. Okay, later on in the book, there are REAL zombies, and throughout the book, there are more and more news stories about the zombie plague making its way around the world.B is a bully raised by a bully. I don’t think that it is right that he bullies others, nor do I wish to justify it. He’s got this insane, racist dad who puts these ideas in his head, ideas he doesn’t agree with, and at the worst possible times, B spits them out on others. He knows they’re wrong. He doesn’t know how truly wrong they are until he finds out that there are more and more people like his dad, who are looking for a new wave of Crazy People Ruling the Earth and Killing All the Others. You know, the people who should’ve been thrown into evil baby orphanages.Zom-B TL;DR – This book is very very different from the prologue. Very different. There’s a bit of conspiracy theory, racist characters, awesome characters, and some terrifying zombies.

The Book Thief