Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

The Girl Who Owned a City: Graphic Novel

The Girl Who Owned a City - O.T. Nelson, Joëlle Jones CharactersI really enjoyed Lisa's character. She is totally boss and likes to keep it that way. Even when others tell her to share the leadership. She comes up with 98% of the plans and gets stuff done! Her brother Todd is a total cutie and has some great ideas as well. I really wanted to ship Lisa and Craig, but this is a Middle Grades graphic novel, so. I mean, he looks like Daniel Radcliffe! Sigh. IllustrationsI read Troublemaker #1 which was also by Joelle Jones. I love her illustrations! It's both cute and AWESOME. So much detail. Sometimes I had trouble figuring out how old people were, but I still liked the drawings a lot.StoryLoved it. I always love stories about kids being leaders, though. The cast of characters and the story arc were top notch. This definitely makes me want to give more Middle Grade novels a chance. Such a good and fun story while very serious.I think graphic novel adaptations are the thing right now! It's nice. I like being able to imagine the characters, and this gives me just that! A+ 5/5 stars.

The Book Thief