Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

Lies Beneath

Lies Beneath - Anne Greenwood Brown Originally posted HERECalder White, will you marry me? Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown is such a different mermaid tale compared to previous ones I've read. This is told from the perspective of a male mermaid who falls in love with the daughter of a man he's supposed to kill. I enjoyed reading about Calder's relationships between him and his sisters. They're the ones that want to seek revenge on their mother's death rather than leaving Calder to his somewhat peaceful existence. This was such a beautifully written novel! I loved the world building. I felt like if I ever went to that place, I would know my way around. I loved the sacrifices certain characters were willing to make to save loved ones. Well, not EVERY sacrifice, but close. The scenes in which Calder was basically fighting for his life were SO intense. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I disliked about this novel. I didn't know this was a series until after I read it. It works rather well as a stand alone, but I can't wait to read more from Anne Greenwood Brown! I'm speculating that it'll be more like a companion novel than another novel from Calder's perspective.

The Book Thief