Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

Winter Town

Winter Town - Stephen Emond Talk about a manic pixie dream girl (MPDG)! Dang! Lucy goes from a goodie girl to a "goth" and Evan is still trying to view her as her past self, before her parents were divorced and all of the crazy happened in her life that Evan does not know about. And that she's hesitant to reveal. What's neat about this novel is that you don't just get Evan's perspective, you also get Lucy's perspective. It is in third person, so the change from focusing on Evan to focusing on Lucy was a bit confusing for me. I kind of wish that it was solely focused on Evan's storyline, but it was still interesting to see from Lucy's way. Get into the brain of a MPDG. And boy is she manic!I did enjoy the incorporation of the drawings and comics. It was an interesting way for the author to SHOW what was going on as far as Evan's journey.This novel is described as "Garden State meets Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist." I didn't necessarily get that feeling. Yeah, it did have a touch of N&N, but it didn't always face the issues. Things would get heated between Lucy and Evan, but they wouldn't fully confront one another. It was like they got to a certain point and chickened out. I almost wanted to say, "Hey, you too, get in the ring and punch this one out!"I did like how Evan ended up. It made me so happy for him! It was different for a book involving a manic pixie dream girl. I feel like usually the guy learns a lesson, but he doesn't necessarily find the personal satisfaction that Evan did.I would recommend this to:I would still recommend this to people who liked Nick and Norah. Also, if you liked Paper Towns. It just has that journey-feel for the main character that Quentin went through.

The Book Thief