Elizziebooks

I freaking love books! I'm currently reading a bunch of YA novels and I keep telling myself that I'll branch out into Adult lit.

Matched (Matched Trilogy Series #1)

Matched (Matched Trilogy Series #1) - The story of Matched was okay. I feel like it lacked spirit. Cassia seemed so dull and the only times she was truly emotional was due to other people. If Ky hadn’t shown up on her portscreen that day, she would have happily gotten married to Xander and the rest would be… Well, not history since they don’t really care for history in Oria.Also, the storyline with Cassia falling in love with Ky? I felt like although it’s explained as her seeing him and falling in love, I felt like there was a hole in the story. I felt like the only reason she loved him was out of curiosity, rebellion, and because she felt sorry for him. Mainly the last point. And it pissed me off that she felt bad about thinking about Xander (her match) when she was with Ky. Ky at the beginning of the book is this person they’re more of acquaintances with.It’s not that I don’t understand teenagers. I know we’ve all had selfish motives at times, but I just felt like the author should have spent more time explaining the details of relationships more than explaining every single detail about the town Cassia lives in. I mean, it seems like it’s a pretty plain and quite uniform town. Everything has a reason and a purpose.I thought it was pretty funny that the Society used the teenagers to do things like plant newroses and mark trails in the woods. It was interesting to see what it would be like if we perfected human beings and their surroundings to that point (choosing mates, newroses, leisure activities, jobs).The pacing was very turtle-paced. I mean, it’s not an action-packed book, but at times it felt like the amount of detail about everything that happens to Cassia gets in the way of the movement of the story. It’s okay to let your readers guess a little.I would recommend this to someone who loves romance but might not care for hardcore dystopian novels. I felt like the dystopia part of the novel wasn’t meant to be as importance than Cassia’s storyline. Also, if you like psychological twists or experiments, there’s one in there.I rate this as a C at best. Make me want to care about characters, dang it!

The Book Thief